Saturday, October 10, 2009

A nobel effort at peace prize.

Hey you guys! As you mostly likely know, Barack Obama has received the Nobel Peace Prize. Didn't see that one coming! Don't get me wrong Obama has done his share. He's off to a respectable start. That being said, has there really been a specific even that warrants him for this prize? It's one thing to give someone recognition for starting something with good intentions and a possibility for growth. It is another thing to bestow such an honor upon someone who hasn't "gotten their feet wet" yet.(Compared to other winners)There has to have been another nominee that deserved it more. In my opinion this has little to do with Obama. It's more of a snub at the the Bush Administration.

Any thoughts, ideas, opinions, comments etc? Post em here :)

7 comments:

  1. He's got a lot to live up to now, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even Barack himself thought that he didn't really deserve the award, but he saw it as a call to action. I agree with him.

    And, speaking of awards, here's one that I have given:

    http://dannysignifyingnothing.blogspot.com/2009/10/blog-upon-stage-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was my first reaction too and i still feel that there were others more deserving than Obama.
    At least we can now rightfully expect actions from him that make him earn it after the fact.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree with all of you. He has a lot of pressure on him to act.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was given to him in advance for all the promises he had been making.. They may take it back if he doesn't keep those promises...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are they allowed to take back a nobel peace prize?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Apparently they cannot revoke nobel peace prizes. According to http://nobelprize.org/contact/faq/index.html you can't even question the reason for the award until fifty years after you ask it. who's going to care then?

    If they're going to start giving away prizes for good intentions, they need to knock on my door. I want to save the world too! I've just started a little smaller... in my community. Oh, and I've followed through in MY promises.

    Good, thought provoking post emeraldstone. Come see mine. Short stories, and... whatever is posted there. Not much on politics because I see and hear it everywhere else. My post is my sanctuary. My family is WAY too politically minded. I am too, but sometimes I need a break.

    deanbejeweled.blogspot.com I need followers and am responding to your post in google help. See ya round! <3

    ReplyDelete